Re: [HACKERS] another locale problem

From: Daniel Kalchev <daniel(at)digsys(dot)bg>
To: t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] another locale problem
Date: 1999-06-11 09:32:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This worked, however it made all selects of ~* '^sometext' sequential.

Why can't we use index searches in this case? I believe it is :-)

But this

SELECT key FROM t WHERE key ~* '^ sometext';

(note the space after the carret) still does not work! It says index scan will
be used and finds nothng. If 'sometext' is all uppercase the proper result is
returned. The problem seems to be in the regex handling anyway. I tried
compiling regcomp.c with -funsigned-char, but that was not enough. Further
hacking...

Daniel