Re: [INTERFACES] pb when creating user type

From: Michael Davis <Michael(dot)Davis(at)tvguide(dot)com>
To: Craig Orsinger <orsingerc(at)epg-gw1(dot)lewis(dot)army(dot)mil>
Cc: Pgsql-Interfaces(at)Postgresql(dot)Org, Abdelkrim <Haj(at)Idianet(dot)Net>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] pb when creating user type
Date: 1999-05-05 14:16:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Your e-mail did not arrive at its intended destination. You need to
send it to Michael J. Davis, not Michael Davis.

From: Craig Orsinger <orsingerc @ epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil> on
05/04/99 01:04 PM
To: pgsql-interfaces @ postgreSQL(dot)org(at)SMTP@EXCHANGE
cc: abdelkrim <haj @ idianet.net>@SMTP(at)EXCHANGE

On 04-May-99 abdelkrim wrote:
> complex_in(), complex_out() and complex_add() fonctions are
defined in
> complex.c
>

>> Anyway, if that's the entire script, add a "CREATE
FUNCTION"
>>statement for 'complex_in()' and it should work a lot better.

Actually, I was referring to your SQL script. I did not see
"CREATE FUNCTION" statement for the 'complex_in()' function, only
the
'complex_out()' function. You need to have one for each function in
your library ("complex.so").

I'm doing similar things with PostgreSQL 6.4.2 on Linux and
HPUX,
and both are working fine - so it is possible.

Date: 04-May-99 Time: 10:00:07

Craig Orsinger (email:
<orsingerc(at)epg(dot)lewis(dot)army(dot)mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28 "Just another megalomaniac with
ideas above his
6th & F Streets station. The Universe is full of
them."
Ft. Lewis, WA 98433 - The Doctor