change username

From: Bill Brandt <brandtwr-pgsql(at)draaw(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: change username
Date: 1998-12-28 18:15:03
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have a user on my system whose username has recently changed. The user
owns and is a non-owning user of multiple database. I have tried a command
of the form:

update pg_user set usename='newname' where usesysid=###;

When I try this I get an error. Does anyone know how to change this
information? If I delete the user and recreate the user with the same uid
does that retain all the existing database permissions?

--
Bill Brandt
brandtwr(at)draaw(dot)net http://www.draaw.net/