Re: Problem with function permissions

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with function permissions
Date: 2002-12-12 16:48:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> I would not have expected public to now have execute permission. Any
> reason for this, or is it a bug?

The default permissions for functions grant execute to public; the
system is just instantiating that default when you do an explicit grant.

The original implementation of function permissions didn't grant
anything to public, but we concluded that that would break too many
applications to be a reasonable default.