BUG #18584: Triggers are not fired or executing when any DML transaction runs

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: shekhar(dot)salunkhe(at)capgemini(dot)com
Subject: BUG #18584: Triggers are not fired or executing when any DML transaction runs
Date: 2024-08-17 09:41:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 18584
Logged by: Shekhar Salunkhe
Email address: shekhar(dot)salunkhe(at)capgemini(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 16.2
Operating system: Linux

Trigger should get automatically executed once DML operation
invoke/completed.
I have converted Oracle code using AWS Shema Conversion tool to Postgres
16.1 (In this version triggers are executing completely fine).
Similarly, I have converted Oracle code using AWS Schema Conversion tool
into Postgres 16.2 however we have observed not a single trigger executed
after DML operation.
Further I have created simple new table and trigger on it, still it is not
invoked after update statement.
I also compared other Database parameter with 16.1 vs 16.2 where only
"session_replication_role" was set as "replica" in 16.2. This parameter now
set as "Origin" but still triggers are not working.

I am completely blocked to test further scenarios.

I have provided required grants "SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, TRUNCATE,
REFERENCES, TRIGGER" of that table to user. Provided all usage schema to
that user. Given ownership of trigger functions to that user.
Still there is no trigger executed except insert / update / delete operation
runs OK.

Request you to please help me out.