Relative security of Community repos and packages

From: "pbj(at)cmicdo(dot)com" <pbj(at)cmicdo(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Relative security of Community repos and packages
Date: 2021-07-28 18:26:14
Lists: pgsql-www

I hope this is the right group for this question:

Currently involved in a discussion about security of Postgres packages from various sources.  I'm strongly advocating that we get our packages directly from PGDG.
Would Postgres packages from Red Hat repos (and I guess we could include EDB, 2nd Quadrant, Crunchy...) be considered more secure from being hacked than those from the PGDG repos?
Thanks,PJ