Re: How to _not_ save startup options in postmaster.opts?

From: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to _not_ save startup options in postmaster.opts?
Date: 2023-11-02 19:27:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 11/2/23 12:24, David G. Johnston wrote:

> Alas, those config values are remembered in postmaster.opts.  But I
> don't want that.
>

> I don’t know where this file is even documented ATM but my understanding
> is it just shows you the values used during the last startup.  It doesn’t
> remember anything in any real sense because it isn’t used by the system to
> determine what those parameter values should be during startup.

https://pgpedia.info/p/postmaster.opts.html

"*|postmaster.opts|*is a file in the data directory written after startup
which contains the options used to start the postmaster process. The
contents of|postmaster.opts|are used to ensure the postmaster process can be
restarted with the same options with which it was originally started."

I've confirmed this behavior, which I why I wrote the email.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.