Re: Add last failed connection error message to pg_stat_wal_receiver

From: Cary Huang <cary(dot)huang(at)highgo(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Add last failed connection error message to pg_stat_wal_receiver
Date: 2022-07-22 20:58:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: tested, passed
Implements feature: tested, passed
Spec compliant: tested, passed
Documentation: tested, passed

Hello

The patch can be applied to PG master branch without problem and it passed regression and tap tests. I manually tested this feature too and the last conn error is correctly shown in the pg_stat_get_wal_receiver output, which does exactly as described. I think this feature is nice to have to troubleshoot replication issues on the standby side.

thank you

Cary Huang
Highgo Software Canada