Re: Issues cross-compiling libpq 14.x to MacOS armv8

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: Vincas Dargis <vindrg(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: Issues cross-compiling libpq 14.x to MacOS armv8
Date: 2021-11-30 22:08:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> writes:
> I noticed that we test without the x"foo" = x"yes" construction for zic (line
> 1135), should we change that while at it and be consistent for all
> $cross_compiling uses?

Probably. $cross_compiling should theoretically always be set, but
there's no harm in being bulletproof.

I had thought I could crank up a cross-compile test painlessly, but
at least on my available systems it doesn't seem to be painless :-(.
So I'm just going to push the change without having really tested
that end of it. I wonder if it is at all feasible to maintain a
cross-compiling buildfarm member ...