Re: make tutorial 13.2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: max1(at)inbox(dot)ru
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: make tutorial 13.2
Date: 2021-03-07 16:42:52
Lists: pgsql-docs

PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> I have a binary distribution version 13.2, installed from the Postgres yum
> repository, on Fedora 33.
> So, I downloaded the source code from here:
> https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v13.2/
> And tried to build according to the instruction:

> [max(at)max-home tutorial]$ make
> make: pg_config: No such file or directory

Apparently, you didn't install whichever sub-package of the Postgres
distribution contains pg_config. Might be postgresql-devel, or
postgresql-dev in Debian-flavored distros. The PG project documentation
can't cover this; it's the responsibility of each group of packagers to
decide (and document) how their distributions are laid out.