Re: make postgres readonly

From: stephanhahn <stephan(dot)hahn(at)muenchen(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: make postgres readonly
Date: 2021-03-03 14:36:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply. I set default_transaction_read_only = on for
the user postgres (seemed to be more practical for me than preventing every
access with pg_hba.conf and create an extra backup user).
Up to now i didn't notice any unwanted effects resulting from this. There
are also still many log entries of the sort 'automatic vacuum of table
"tablename": index scans: 1' (and a few like "@ ERROR: canceling autovacuum
task", which might have other reasons?), so this could suggest a working
autovacuum daemon.
But if you nevertheless think this approach can have any side effects
(because postgres is not only a superuser, but is also used by the DB
system), it seems to be too dangerous for me.

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-admin-f2076596.html