json on child table or not

From: PegoraroF10 <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: json on child table or not
Date: 2019-05-31 13:20:21
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a table with lots of updates in a json field and few updates on other
fields. On that table I have several indices and it is main table of other
lots of child tables.
When querying this table I always do a lateral join with that json field, so
having that field on a separate table wouldn´t be a problem.

Then, for auto vacuum, for indices, for fillfactor and some other reasons,
is it better to have that json on a child table in a 1 to 1 relation ?

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html