Re: [NOVICE] readline and psql

From: Heiko Klein <Heiko(dot)Klein(at)met(dot)no>
To: "Morrison, Trevor (Trevor)" <tmorrison(at)avaya(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] readline and psql
Date: 2002-04-04 14:32:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

here are some guesses:
1) your #/bin/sh is split into several lines (mail???)
2) no whitespace behind openssl
3) only one - before -with-libs

4) you use --with-includes=/usr/local/include/readline, AFAIK readlines
includes are in the readline subdirectory, so this would mean, it is
looking for
/usr/local/include/readline/readline/readline.h
are you sure you didn't meant --with-includes=/usr/local/include and
let readline look for its own libraries (readline/readline.h and
readline/history.h) ?

5) you use -with-libs=/usr/lib/libreadline
is libreadline.so.4 really in /usr/lib/libreadline/libreadline.so.4?
If it's in /usr/lib/libreadline.so.4, you should use
--with-libs=/usr/lib (or omit it completely, since this is the
default AFAIK)

6) When you do it again, think about using the updated Pg7.2.1

Heiko