Re: intagg.sgml: example wrongly named and does not compile

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Christophe Courtois <christophe(dot)courtois(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: intagg.sgml: example wrongly named and does not compile
Date: 2017-04-21 15:45:16
Lists: pgsql-docs

Christophe Courtois <christophe(dot)courtois(at)dalibo(dot)com> writes:
> I've found out that the example in intagg.sgml is wrongly named: the
> one-to-many table is a many-to-many.

Well, it'd depend on how it was used. The example clearly intends that
it be one-to-many, and I'm not sure it still makes sense without that
restriction. Maybe better to add a unique constraint on
one_to_many(left)?

> And my colleague Thibaut Madeleine has seen that the "CREATE TABLE
> right" and "CREATE TABLE left" examples cannot compile due to the
> reserved words.

Ouch. Shows you how old this module is :-(

> I propose the attached patch to fix that.

Um, the attached file seems empty from here.