Re: CenOS 5/Postgresql 9.6

From: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>, John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Subject: Re: CenOS 5/Postgresql 9.6
Date: 2017-03-18 10:59:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

On Fri, 2017-03-17 at 12:15 -0700, Steve Crawford wrote:
> The question remains - does anyone know where I might find packages so I
> don't have to compile them myself?

(I'm the maintainer of the repository)

There are no packages for CentOS 5 / PG 9.6, and it was my decision to drop
support -- as I thought that using CentOS 5 with a new set of PG releases would
not be the best idea.

I still think so.

However, you can still rebuild 9.6 RPMs on your CentOS 5 box, by using this
SRPM:

https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/srpms/9.6/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/postgresql96-9.6.2-2PGDG.rhel6.src.rpm

I did not test it though, but it should work or less work...

You can also contact a PostgreSQL support company, and ask them to provide the
RPMs, too.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz