Re: testcase failing on git master / how to progress

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Martin F <pg(at)mfriebe(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: testcase failing on git master / how to progress
Date: 2017-03-18 05:06:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Martin F <pg(at)mfriebe(dot)de> writes:
> I did build with

> make clean distclean
> ./configure --prefix=/deploys/postgresql/inst/ --with-pgport=5433
> --enable-debug CFLAGS="-ggdb -O0 -g3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer"
> make
> make install

That looks like it ought to work. Did you get any compile warnings?
(Personally I tend to do the make steps as "make -s" so that you can
spot the warnings if there are any.)

> And I got a few tests failing.
> macaddr8 ... FAILED
> opr_sanity ... FAILED
> object_address ... FAILED

Hard to say much about that. Looking at the actual regression.diffs
might be more informative.

A general tip when playing around with development HEAD is to look
at the buildfarm:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl

If critters are falling over left and right on the commit you pulled,
then you got a bad version. If all is green on the buildfarm but
it's not working for you, then we'd like to hear details.