Re: permission denied for schema topology

From: Iain Mott <mott(at)reverberant(dot)com>
To: Rémi Cura <remi(dot)cura(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: permission denied for schema topology
Date: 2014-09-11 11:12:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Rémi-C for the quick reply. By coincidence my site does involve
mapping, however I wasn't aware that the server might be using postgis
and postgis_topology. In psql when I type "\d" i get the following:

public | comentarios | tabela | myusername
public | featuredata | tabela | myusername
public | geography_columns | visão | myusername
public | geometry_columns | visão | myusername
public | raster_columns | visão | myusername
public | raster_overviews | visão | myusername
public | rss | tabela | myusername
public | spatial_ref_sys | tabela | myusername

geography_columns, geometry_columns, raster_columns, raster_overviews
and spatial_ref_sys are all recent changes to my database (I didn't
create them and I wasn't aware of their existence until the switch to
the new server). Do these and the errors I'm receiving indicate the use
of postgis and postgis_topology by the server?

Just googled for doing a dump of a postgis database and encountered this
command:

pg_dump --no-acl --no-owner $DATABASE > dump.sql

I tried it, but it results in the same error messages

Cheers,