Re: Clone database using rsync?

From: sparikh <sparikh(at)carcharging(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Clone database using rsync?
Date: 2013-11-05 23:49:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Jeff for your quick response.

I inherited this system and they had cron job which uses pg_dump for back
up. I recently used to rsync to bring back my hot standby when it was out of
sync and offline for few days because of space issue. That is when the
thought that I might be able to use rsync to clone database.

If I understood your reply correctly, you are currently using rsync for both
clone and backup. Is that correct?

Thanks Again.