Re: Yum.postgresql.org should have links for offline downloads

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Yum.postgresql.org should have links for offline downloads
Date: 2013-11-05 00:28:34
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

> Right now, if a user needs to download RPMs offline in order to transfer
> them to a server with no internet access, there's no obvious way to do
> it. While the actual RPM download directories are public, they're not
> linked from any public webpage; you have to already know or
> reverse-engineer the URL from links to other things.

Actually, there is a way:

http://yum.postgresql.org/rpmchart.php

If you click "9.3" for example, you will access to the directory listing
The OS/Arch link goes to repoview.

However,

http://yum.postgresql.org/rpmchart2.php

How does this one look? When you click the OS/Arch, you will access to
the directory directly, instead of repoview.

I am also open for other ideas, for sure.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
http://www.gunduz.org Twitter: http://twitter.com/devrimgunduz