Re: Cleanup of /contrib

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cleanup of /contrib
Date: 2002-10-18 01:06:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I am cleaning up /contrib by adding "autocommit = 'on'" and making it
> more consistent. Should I be adding this too:

> -- Adjust this setting to control where the objects get created.
> SET search_path = public;

Yes, that would be a good idea. Without that, the objects might well
get created in the owning user's private schema; which most of the time
would be unhelpful. I'm not thrilled with having to edit the script
if you do happen to want them in a non-public schema, but I have not
thought of a better approach yet. (Anyone?)

> and doing all object creation in one transaction, like /contrib/cube
> does?

The one-transaction thing seems unnecessary to me, but if you like it...