Re: Help! Can't pg_dump anything: handler procedure for procedural language plpgsql not found

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: mm98au(at)brocku(dot)ca (Mark Mikulec)
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help! Can't pg_dump anything: handler procedure for procedural language plpgsql not found
Date: 2003-08-12 13:54:38
Lists: pgsql-general

mm98au(at)brocku(dot)ca (Mark Mikulec) writes:
> But i'd always get the following error message:
> pg_dump: handler procedure for procedural language plpgsql not found

Do you have any functions written in plpgsql? (I'm guessing not, or you
would have other problems besides pg_dump not working.) If not, you can
just delete the pg_language entry for plpgsql:

DELETE FROM pg_language WHERE lanname = 'plpgsql';

If you do have any such functions, you should drop them first.
(Alternatively, let pg_dump find them for you, and drop them in response
to its complaints.)