Re: Performance figures from DbMail list

From: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
To: Mikael Carneholm <Mikael(dot)Carneholm(at)WirelessCar(dot)com>
Cc: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)tocr(dot)com>, David Goodenough <david(dot)goodenough(at)btconnect(dot)com>, pgsql general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance figures from DbMail list
Date: 2006-12-08 21:34:23
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 15:04, Mikael Carneholm wrote:
> This link adds to the joy...
>
> http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?25,93181,93181
>
> So the most popular free "database" in the world is a lousy performing
> product that accepts 'gabba gabba hey' as a valid timestamp. Someone
> please, give me a reason not to get cynical...

Oh man, that poor guy. He's got 4 or 5 machines in a cluster, and he's
still not catching up to the one machine postgresql server.

And he's switching because he wants better reliability?

Guess he's never heard of pgpool, slony, mammoth replicator, cjdbc, or a
half dozen other ways to get high reliability with postgresql.

I wonder what version of postgresql he was testing.