[Pgbuildfarm-members] PG buildfarm coverage needed for new uuid code

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgbuildfarm-members(at)lists(dot)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: [Pgbuildfarm-members] PG buildfarm coverage needed for new uuid code
Date: 2014-05-28 00:46:54
Lists: buildfarm-members

Could I entreat buildfarm owners to enable testing of contrib/uuid-ossp
if their machines have suitable UUID libraries? A quick review of the
status reports suggests that almost nobody is actively testing that code.
As of HEAD, we have three implementations that need coverage:

--with-uuid=bsd for FreeBSD, NetBSD, and maybe some other BSDen,
but not OpenBSD AFAICT

--with-uuid=e2fs for Linux and Mac OS X, as well as anybody else
with e2fsprogs' libuuid installed

--with-uuid=ossp for those with OSSP UUID library

Note that 9.3 and earlier branches will not recognize these configure
options, which makes it a bit of a pain. I put this in my OS X animals'
build-farm.conf:

if ($branch eq 'HEAD')
{
push(@{$conf{config_opts}},"--with-uuid=e2fs");
}

but I'm not sure if there's a recommended locution for "test on
branches > 9.3".