Postgresql with Access 97

From: "zagman" <daveh(at)allheller(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql with Access 97
Date: 2006-04-09 00:04:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I'm trying to migrate to a postgresql server backend with an existing
Access 97 application. However Access 97 crashes all the time if I
update any records The error I see says something about "SQL_ASCI"
encoding when I look at the error report that Access generates to send
to Microsoft.
What encoding should I use? I'm using postgresql 8.0.7 with pgsqlodbc
8.00.01.03.

Thanks,

Dave