Re: Vacuum doesn't end

From: Scott Barvick <sbarvick(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vacuum doesn't end
Date: 2005-08-04 22:52:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

strace did show what looked like it was stuck waiting, and it was the
same vacuum proc as in the pg_Stat_activity. I had to restart the
postmaster and eventually reload the data because no subsequent vacuum
would finish properly. Was there anything else I could have done?

On that note, if I am just filling tables, extracting the data off,
dropping the tables, and then recreating additional tables, do I really
need to do a VACUUM?

Thanks,
Scott