Re: Bug with sequence ?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: davec(at)fastcrypt(dot)com
Cc: "'Christian Meunier'" <vchris(at)club-internet(dot)fr>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug with sequence ?
Date: 2002-02-04 17:29:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Dave Cramer" <davec(at)fastcrypt(dot)com> writes:
> Mine manifests with the sequence being updated, and then another process
> comes along and tries to do the same operation and somehow gets the same
> sequence.

All I can say is I've been over the sequence code with a flinty eye,
and I'm darned if I can see anything wrong with it. I don't think
we are going to make much progress on this without being able to
investigate a failure with a debugger.

A self-contained example that shows a failure (even if only rarely)
would be really useful. Anything less really isn't useful.