Re: [plpython] Add missing volatile qualifier.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Xing Guo <higuoxing(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [plpython] Add missing volatile qualifier.
Date: 2024-04-01 15:57:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Xing Guo <higuoxing(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I'm playing a toy static analysis checker with PostgreSQL and found a
> variable is missing volatile qualifier.

Good catch! It looks like the consequences of a failure would be
pretty minimal --- AFAICS, no worse than a possible failure to remove
a refcount on Py_None --- but that's still a bug.

I don't care for your proposed fix though. I think the real problem
here is schizophrenia about when to set up pltargs, and we could
fix it more nicely as attached. (Perhaps the Asserts are overkill
though.)

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix-unsafe-initialization-of-pltargs.patch text/x-diff 1.2 KB