Re: commits

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: commits
Date: 1999-06-19 04:16:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
> Do you want to be making these commits now? We haven't split the tree,
> so they will appear in 6.5.x.

Yeah, I know. I'm in bugfix mode: CASE does not work in any context
involving GROUP BY or aggregates, eg
select coalesce(f1,0) from int4_tbl group by f1;
ERROR: Illegal use of aggregates or non-group column in target list
Since we now support CASE "officially", I think this is important
enough to fix in 6.5.*. The cause is that parse_agg.c's routines
neglected the CaseExpr nodetype case. I couldn't quite stomach
adding the same boilerplate code to yet another place, so I decided
to start implementing the suggestion I made a while ago to create
centralized tree-recursion logic.

  • Re: commits at 1999-06-19 04:19:08 from Bruce Momjian