Trigger within Transactions

From: Vatsal <vatsal(dot)avasthi(at)wipro(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trigger within Transactions
Date: 2003-10-17 16:22:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I am back with one more query.

In my application, for notification purposes, i fire a trigger on table
informing the user about the change in table,

this works fine for atomic operations but not fit for compound
operations i.e. till the time a transaction successfully commits,
the trigger should not be fired or some mechanism should be there so
that we can buffer up fired triggers and pass it to the user at one go,
so that it looks likes a part of a transaction.
in short, how to make triggers transaction aware?

i saw similar questions on hackers list but couldnt get satisfying
reply,
please help

thanks in advance
regards