Re: pltlc and pltlcu problems

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
Cc: "Brent Verner" <brent(at)rcfile(dot)org>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Murray Prior Hobbs" <murray(at)efone(dot)com>, "Lamar Owen" <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pltlc and pltlcu problems
Date: 2002-01-21 18:45:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at> writes:
> I think actually hpux only failed, because it has a broken Makefile.shlib.
> It is Makefile.shlib's business to know that the link line for
> a shlib needs -lc ?

Possibly -lc should go into Makefile.shlib, but that doesn't eliminate
the need for a special case in pltcl's makefile --- at least as long as
it depends on tclConfig to tell it how to link. The problem is that
TCL_SHLIB_LD_LIBS comes up empty on HPUX, but you still need to put
$(TCL_LIBS) into the link command.

> As a short test you could test plpython on hpux with current cvs.
> My guess is, that it doesn't work.

Could be. I don't have python installed here ...