python patch

From: Greg Copeland <greg(at)CopelandConsulting(dot)Net>
Subject: python patch
Date: 2002-08-08 02:55:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Okay, I read
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2002-06/msg00086.php and never
saw a fix offered up. Since I'm gearing up to use Postgres and Python
soon, I figured I'd have a hand at trying to get this sucker addressed.
Apologies if this has already been plugged. I looked in the archives
and never saw a response.

At any rate, I must admit I don't think I fully understand the
implications of some of the changes I made even though they appear to be
straight forward. We all know the devil is in the details. Anyone more
knowledgeable is requested to review my changes. :(

I also updated the advanced.py script in a somewhat nonsensical fashion
to make use of an int8 field in an effort to test this change. It seems
to run okay, however, this is by no means an all exhaustive test. So,
it's possible that a bumpy road may lay ahead for some. On the other
hand...overflows (hopefully) previously lurked (long -> int conversion).

This is my first submission. Please be kind if I submitted to the wrong
list. ;)

Thank you,
Greg Copeland

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgres-python.patch text/x-diff 4.7 KB