PSQL error connection

From: ee97010(at)fe(dot)up(dot)pt
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PSQL error connection
Date: 2002-03-26 14:00:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello.
I wonder if you could help me? When i tried to make a connection to my database
Postgres by TCP/IP the following ocurred:

Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: connectDBStart() -- connect()
failed: Connection refused Is the postmaster running (with -i) at 'dionisio'
and accepting connections on TCP/IP port 5432?

My PHP script is:
$conn = pg_connect("host=remote_host
dbname=myDB
user=username
password=pass");

Thanks for your atention and looking forward to hear from you soon,

Carla Pereira