info request : listing active connections

From: "Vilson farias" <vilson(dot)farias(at)digitro(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: info request : listing active connections
Date: 2002-03-26 14:07:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

Greetings,

I've been looking for a way to list active connections from clients to the postmaster. What kind of features does postgresql has to make it possible? I would like to list users, ips and maybe calling application and plataform. Now, the only way I know is through ps -ef | grep post. Is there some system table where I can find information about active connections?

Best regards.

José Vilson de Mello de Farias
Software Engineer

Dígitro Tecnologia Ltda - www.digitro.com.br
APC - Customer Oriented Applications
E-mail: vilson(dot)farias(at)digitro(dot)com(dot)br
Tel.: +55 48 281 7158
ICQ 11866179