Re: Can't restore view with pg_restore

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Flo <fluancefg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't restore view with pg_restore
Date: 2017-05-30 13:36:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Flo <fluancefg(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I was not able to find any explicit trigger creation related to
> bmv_visits_list, but I have found where the issue comes from.
> So basicaly, the extension pglogical adds the table to its list of known
> tables and set a trigger to it.

Hm, I don't know much about pglogical. Does it automatically add a
trigger to every new table without user intervention? If so, that's
kinda broken.

> What I don't know and don't understand is why it doesn't happen with the
> other views.

Probably because they don't have to be split into two steps like this one
is. I'm guessing that pglogical has a hook installed that sees the CREATE
TABLE, thinks this is going to be a regular table, and gloms onto it
before it's converted to a view.