Can This be done

From: Uros Gruber <uros(at)sir-mag(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can This be done
Date: 2002-05-12 20:22:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

Is it possible for example I have one db with 100.000
entries. I select some data, let say about 1.000. Now i want
this data show on page by pages.

I use limit and ofset for this. But how can i know how much
is all the records. Because i want to print also how many
hits were but i don't want get all the rows at once.

Is there any function for this or i have to make 2 queries.
--
tia,
Uros