Re: psqlodbc - SysTAble Prefixes issue

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Subject: Re: psqlodbc - SysTAble Prefixes issue
Date: 2016-10-19 08:18:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

From: pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
> [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Heikki Linnakangas
> I think we should remove the dd_ prefix from the default. Whatever it was
> originally used for, it's clearly obsolete at this point.

Stepping further, why don't we remove the ExtraSysTablePrefixes parameter? I think we should simplify the driver usage for users by reducing the number of parameters, as well as reduce the code for psqlODBC developers. I can understand the concern for incompatibility, but it's not sound to retain things of no good use.

I wonder whether EnterpriseDB uses this parameter for Oracle compatibility.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa