[patch] fix buffer overrun in logging, and code cleanup

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [patch] fix buffer overrun in logging, and code cleanup
Date: 2016-05-26 02:40:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

While I was troubleshooting some user problem and trying to figure out why mylog_xxx.log is not created, I found a tiny bug. The buffers for holding the full path for MyLog and CommLog are small -- only 80 bytes. If you specify a long path for Logdir, the buffer overrun occurs. Please find the attached patch mylog_buffer_overrun.patch.

The other patch mylog_cleanup.patch removes code which are unused or unnecessary anymore. I'd like to make the code as lean as possible, so that it makes code reading and searching easier and faster. This patch removes about 120 lines.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

Attachment Content-Type Size
mylog_buffer_overrun.patch application/octet-stream 631 bytes
mylog_cleanup.patch application/octet-stream 6.0 KB