Re: Json table/column design question

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Skorpeo Skorpeo <skorpeo11(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Json table/column design question
Date: 2024-05-23 16:15:27
Lists: pgsql-general

On 5/23/24 09:06, Skorpeo Skorpeo wrote:
> Thank you for the valuable feedback.  I see people are big fans of json
> here.

You can be a fan of JSON and still think it is not the correct way to
store data in a relational database. When you do that you often end up
with nested, possibly unstructured, data sets. That ends up with the
exertion of more effort to get the data out in any meaningful form and
in a timely manner then the time and effort it would take to enter it in
a structured way.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com