Re: Looking for software to 'enqueue' connections

From: "Ilya Kazakevich" <Ilya(dot)Kazakevich(at)JetBrains(dot)com>
To: "'Edmundo Robles'" <edmundo(at)sw-argos(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Looking for software to 'enqueue' connections
Date: 2016-08-15 20:47:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello.

http://www.pgpool.net/

pgpool-II also has a limit on the maximum number of connections, but extra connections will be queued instead of returning an error immediately.

But your configuration does not look optimal for me. Here are some things you may try:

1) Get rid of indexes. Use this table as OLTP, then denormalize data and load it to OLAP table, build indecies and analyze it.

2) Find bottleneck using your OS tools (is it I/O or CPU?) and improve appropriate subsystem)

3) Use several servers (multimaster configuration like https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Bucardo)

Ilya Kazakevich

JetBrains

<http://www.jetbrains.com/> http://www.jetbrains.com