linking postgre to AD

From: "Jason Tesser" <JTesser(at)nbbc(dot)edu>
To: "Pgsql (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: linking postgre to AD
Date: 2003-11-21 12:27:01
Lists: pgsql-general

I am looking into using PostgreSQL on the backend here. I work for a Bible College. We are putting together a
new software package. The database would be on a LInux box but our domain is M$ so we use active
directory. I saw that there is a PAM module for Postgre. My question is with applications that will both be
standalone and web what is teh best way for me to authenticate to active directory. C

Is there a Postgre function that will allow me to do this?
Does anyone have any other ideas that will work?

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Jason Tesser
Web/Multimedia Programmer
Northland Ministries Inc.