Re: BUG #12785: server process (PID 2872) was terminated by exception 0xC0000005

From: Daniele Posenato <daniele(dot)posenato(at)smartec(dot)ch>
To: Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #12785: server process (PID 2872) was terminated by exception 0xC0000005
Date: 2015-02-23 17:09:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Francisco,

Thank you a lot for the answer, I really appreciate it. I will try to do what you have suggested and then I will let you know.

Just for information the problem has occurred again since the last email and always on the same query. I could understand a crash of the service on performing an update or a delete, but I have some difficulties to understand this on a select. If it was an hardware problem I would expect the service to crash also on other actions and not randomly (about once per week) only on a specific select (that is executed every 10 seconds).

Is there a way to write a select that is able to crash the service?

I will let you know the results of the hardware check after the planned restart.

Best regards
Daniele