transaction logging

From: "Horst Herb" <hherb(at)malleenet(dot)net(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: transaction logging
Date: 2000-04-08 17:25:29
Lists: pgsql-general

I know that PostgreSQL does not support logging of all transactions in a
separate file. Unfortunately, I need this feature. As we all know, the
documentation is rather incomplete and unorganized (can't blame anybody, I
prefer programming to documenting as well =:-) ). That's why I hope to get
some help here:

What would be the best way to implement it?
- triggers (if yes, how efficiently?) ???

I would be most grateful for a short example.

Regards
Horst