RPMS for 7.1beta3 in progress.

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RPMS for 7.1beta3 in progress.
Date: 2001-01-14 06:32:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Well, I finally got a good build of 7.1beta3 in the RPM build environment.
Woohoo.....

Most regression tests pass -- 10 of 76 fail in serial mode. I'll be analyzing
the diffs tomorrow afternoon to see what's going on, then will be tidying up
the RPMset for release. Tidy or no, a release will happen before midday Monday
-- if I am really patient I may upload the RPM's from home, but don't hold your
breath.

The documentation in README.rpm-dist will be needing an overhaul -- so, for the
first beta RPM release that file will be INCORRECT unless I get really
industrious in the afternoon :-).

There are substantial differences -- and that's BEFORE I reorg the packages!
But, now's a good time to reorg, since whole directories are moving around....

Upgrading from prior releases will be unsupported for this first beta.

More details later. Time to go to bed....
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radi