Re: Error from pg_dump

From: "Steve Wolfe" <steve(at)iboats(dot)com>
To: "Steve Wolfe" <steve(at)iboats(dot)com>, "PGSQL General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error from pg_dump
Date: 2000-09-07 19:34:16
Lists: pgsql-general

> Yesterday, when our nightly database backup was running, it errored out
> with the following error from pg_dumpall:
>
> dumpSequence(contact_seq): different sequence name returned by SELECT:
> contact_sequence

Hmm.... I just found the problem. (Maybe I should think more before I
send these?)

iboats=# select sequence_name from contact_seq;
sequence_name
contact_sequence
(1 row)

So, trying to "update" it won't work, I suppose I'll have to drop the
sequence and create it again. (If there are any other suggestions, please
let me know). Anybody know how something like that could happen?

steve