Error from pg_dump

From: "Steve Wolfe" <steve(at)iboats(dot)com>
To: "PGSQL General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Error from pg_dump
Date: 2000-09-07 19:24:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Yesterday, when our nightly database backup was running, it errored out
with the following error from pg_dumpall:

dumpSequence(contact_seq): different sequence name returned by SELECT:
contact_sequence

Now, there isn't a sequence called "contact_sequence". There's one called
"contact_seq", and the contact table references it like this:

Attribute | Type | Modifier
contact_id | integer | not null default
nextval('contact_seq'::text)

What exactly does this error mean, and how I can track down what is
causing it?

steve