Re: ERROR: aclcheck: first entry in ACL is Not 'world' entry

From: "Phil Geer" <philg(at)gearcc(dot)com>
To: "pgsql" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: aclcheck: first entry in ACL is Not 'world' entry
Date: 2002-03-10 21:46:30
Lists: pgsql-general

I started again I made a new database location and did an initdb. created a
new database in that location called foo1 then created a user called user1
and a table called foo revoked all on foo from public and grant all on foo
to user1 and still I get this error.

My make and gcc are

make -v
GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for i686-pc-linux-gnu

gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.3/specs
gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)

My configure options are as
follows. --with-perl --with=maxbackends=100 --enable-odbc

I had no errors on the build or install I didn't install the version of
postgresql that came with SuSE as I didn't want it to interfere with this
build.

template1=# create database foo1;
CREATE DATABASE
template1=# \c foo1
You are now connected to database foo1.
foo1=# create user user1;
CREATE USER
foo1=# create table foo(f1 int);
revoke all on foo from public;
grant all on foo to user1;
CREATE
REVOKE
GRANT
foo1=# \c - user1
You are now connected as new user user1.
foo1=>select * from foo;