Vacuum full

From: "Andrew Bartley" <abartley(at)evolvosystems(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Vacuum full
Date: 2002-11-06 01:48:06
Lists: pgsql-general

We are using postgres 7.2

Can anyone tell me what the ramifications are if I do not vacuum full the whole DB?

Say if I was to selectively vacuum all of the PG tables, and only some of the Application tables.

We have a number of tables that are effectively archive type tables. They are large, but do not change. If

I was to vacuum these tables on a regular basis, it would add a significant portion of time to the housekeeping process.

Thanks

Andrew