Postgreqsl & Package

From: "Birahim FALL" <birahim(dot)fall(at)hispeed(dot)ch>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgreqsl & Package
Date: 2003-10-22 11:11:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I was an oracle dev/admin and I'm quite new to postgresql.
Postgresql is great, but something bothers me.
It seems that there's no concept of PACKAGE in PL/pgSQL as in Oracle
PL/SQL.
Is is definitely that? or did I missed something? or is it planned for a
future version?

I've searched in the mailing lists archives, read many lines about
schema / Package support in Postgresql,
but I'm still not able to concreately figure out if I can use packages.

In clear words, what I want to do is to group procedure and function in
a way as

create package <package_name> as
procedure p1 ......
procedure p2 ....
function f1 .....
function f2 .....
end;

and the be able to do a
select * from a_table where package_name.f1(a_column) > 10;

Thanks for your answer.

Bir.