RE : Postgreqsl & Package

From: "Bruno BAGUETTE" <pgsql-ml(at)baguette(dot)net>
To: "'Birahim FALL'" <birahim(dot)fall(at)hispeed(dot)ch>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE : Postgreqsl & Package
Date: 2003-10-23 13:48:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Birahim FALL a écrit :
>It seems that there's no concept of PACKAGE in PL/pgSQL as in Oracle
PL/SQL.
>Is is definitely that? or did I missed something? or is it planned for
a future version?

Hello,

This feature is in the TODO list : Commands --> SERVER-SIDE LANGUAGES
(cf. http://developer.postgresql.org/todo.php) I also hope that will be
added in a future version, I sometimes receive this question from people
that moves from Oracle to PostgreSQL.

There is a workaround for that : You can create schemas and add
functions inside theses schemas. See the Shridhar's anwser :-)

Regards,

Bruno BAGUETTE - pgsql-ml(at)baguette(dot)net