Re: Using PostgreSQL with PHP / Scope an Lifetime of $result

From: "Luis H(dot)" <pgsql-novice(at)geekhouse(dot)no-ip(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Using PostgreSQL with PHP / Scope an Lifetime of $result
Date: 2003-08-26 18:52:12
Lists: pgsql-novice

After you execute the pg_exec, the results are stored in $query and no longer have any direct reference to the database. So you can close the connection and still work with the query. I would assume you can return the $query and continue to work on it as long as you'd like.

http://us4.php.net/manual/en/function.pg-query.php